2.3.9_1 -- what's new?

Russell Jackson raj at csub.edu
Wed Oct 10 22:20:22 EDT 2007

Aleksandr Stankevic wrote:
> David Newman wrote:
>> The FreeBSD ports collection now includes cyrus-imap 2.3.9_1.
>>
>> I've looked, but couldn't find, anything describing what's changed in
>> this release from 2.3.9.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any pointers.
>>
>> dn
>>

> Hi,
>
> Nothing changed in FreeBSD ports in cyrus-imapd itself between
> cyrus-imapd-2.3.9 and cyrus-imapd-2.3.9_1.
> The only thing which changed is the version of autoconf ( from 2.59 to
> 2.61 ) which is used to build cyrus-imapd.

More generally, the number after the underscore indicates the port revision. When the port
revision changes, that means that the port was modified in such a way that the resulting
package is different enough to warrant a rebuilding of the port; however, the port is
still building the same version of the software.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-naming.html#MAKEFILE-NAMING-REVEPOCH

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj at csub.edu>
Network Analyst

Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
		-- Walt Kelly, "Putluck Pogo"