LIST is slow for 35K mailboxes

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 9 13:12:14 EDT 2007

On 09 Oct 07, at 1748, Ian G Batten wrote:

> On 09 Oct 07, at 1522, Blake Hudson wrote:
>>>
>> Could database type differences (or contention) be an issue here?
>> What
>> database format are each of you using?
>
> Yes.  With skiplist (took me several stabs at it to get the
> conversion to work) it takes 0.19s.  Versus ~250s with BDB.  A slight
> difference.  Thanks for pointing me at the idea.

Hmm.  We're _not_ using Berkeley (and the give away should have been
that the output from ctl_mboxlist -d is the same size as the database
itself!).  It looks like at some point in the dim and distant we
converted to `flat', a la 1.5, for some reason, and then never undid
it...

At least it's driven us to learn more about FSS than is healthy.
Thanks for the help, and I'll slap my forehead Homer style for a while.

ian