LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 06:19:20 EDT 2007

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Rob Mueller wrote:

> That's strange. What mount options are/were you using? We use/used:
>
> reiserfs - rw,noatime,nodiratime,notail,data=journal
> ext3 - noatime,nodiratime,data=journal

Same, but data=ordered in both cases

> If you weren't using "notail" on reiserfs, that would definitely have a
> performance impact.

Definitely using notail.

> Wow weird, must be something different. What kernel was it? Do you know
> where the memory leak was occuring?

Standard SLES kernels for SLES9.

The memory leak could be show by mmap() on a single file (see attachment).
Kernel memory explodes, and nothing is released when the program exits.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.