Delivery and fetching of new email inconsistent

Brian Wong bwlist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:03:43 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Brian Wong <bwlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/2/07, Brian Wong <bwlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > List,
> > > I am in the process of migrating to Cyrus IMAP. I have a test server
> > > (CentOS 5 x86_64) with several accounts and I look forward to placing
> > > the IMAP server in production but I have recently noticed a problem.
> > >
> > > Certain emails that are delivered into a mailbox are not visible to
> > > the email client. I believe this may have to do with consecutive
> > > emails to the same mailbox with minimal time between the deliveries,
> > > but I can not consistently reproduce the problem. In this case, two
> > > separate and different emails are delivered and only the first is
> > > visible. I do not believe this is a client specific problem. I have
> > > the general log files indicating delivery and protocol telemetry logs
> > > for the user in question.

I seem to have more success reproducing this problem if I delete and
expunge messages before immediately injecting messages through LMTP by
using a small script on the MTA.
I can not say for sure if this is isolated to LMTP.

I have rebuilt the IMAP server without the INTERNALDATE patch from
fastmail and I am still having this problem.

I know this is a very high level description of the problem. The logs
describing the problem that I attached to my original post is the best
I can do. Can anyone suggest how I can examine this problem more
closely?