new messages flagged as read??

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Tue Oct 2 04:13:59 EDT 2007

Den 1.10.2007 kl. 13:45 skrev Alain Spineux:

> On 10/1/07, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
>>
>> Den 27.9.2007 kl. 13:08 skrev Alain Spineux:
>>
>> On 9/27/07, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> after moving to a new server, I keep getting new messages flagged
>> as read.
>>

>> Did you change of cyrus version ?
>
> look for the package version ! Using rpm or dpkg.

cyrus imap upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2

>> Did you change of Berkley DB version ?
>>
>> How can I find the these version numbers on the old box?
>
> [root at max ~]# ldd /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd | grep libdb
>         libdb-4.2.so => /lib/tls/i686/libdb-4.2.so (0x00571000)

the old box used 3.0.2 - the new uses 4.2.

>> some things to try.
>>
>> - try a "reconstruct"  of the mailbox (or cyrreconstruct )
>>
>> I tried - no change - new messages still get marked as read
>>
>> - create a new account and look if the same appends
>>
>> Just did - it doesn't look like the problem exists for new
>> mailboxes - just
>> the old ones.
>
> You have configured a new account on your mail reader. Try to
> configure
> an old account of another user on this mail reader.

I do not think it's related to the mail reader as several users (if
not all) have reported this problem with several different readers.
Or do I misunderstand you here?

> Can you try to copy (not move) all your emails from one existing
> account into
> this new account, remove any cyrus.*, run reconstruct and see what if
> the new is still working. Then try copying the cyrus.* and run
> reconstruct.

I obviously cannot do this for all accounts on the box. Do you have
any idea how to fix this centrally?

roy
---
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
Tlf: 98013356
---
“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we.” - George W. Bush