TMPFS for socket and log directories?

Rob Banz rob at nofocus.org
Thu Nov 29 23:07:50 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 21:34, Vincent Fox wrote:

> We had sym-linked imap/proc directory to a size-limited
> TMPFS a while back.
>
> Now I'm thinking to do the same for imap/socket and imap/log
>
> Any reasons against?  Other candidates?

You're probably not going to see wins on the socket data, since that
directory is probably very well cached and doesn't get any/many
writes.  imap/log will only give you a win if you're doing any
debugging logging for someone, which I hope you're not doing very
often as it is.

I think that proc is probably the biggest win, since it's quite write-
happy.

-rob