Problems upgrading from cyrus 2.1.18 to 2.2.13 on debian etch

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Tue Nov 27 14:50:01 EST 2007

>>>>> "Alain Spineux" <aspineux at gmail.com>:

> #file filename

# file /var/lib/cyrus/deliver.db
/var/lib/cyrus/deliver.db: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 8, native byte-order)

>> The 2.1 tools, you mean?  Too late.  They went out when I apt-get
>> installed 2.2.

> Yes, the old one, including the corresponding berkeley db library (if
> you upgraded the bdb too)

Hm... I guess I can try apt'ing them back in, and do the neccessary
conversion...?  It didn't look like I needed a new bdb.

Any suggestions as to what I should change it to?

I have been running a script called cyrus21-common in /etc/cron.daily

This script has been creating a file called
/var/backups/cyrus-mboxlist.txt.gz using an utility called ctl_mboxlist

Is this something that can be used?

I can live with losing the deliver.db.  I have had to ditch the old one
because of corruption a couple of times already.

Where does the read marks on the messages live?  Can't be in the
mailbox.db file.  It's way too small, and so is its text counterpart.