LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Rob Banz rob at nofocus.org
Tue Nov 20 14:02:11 EST 2007

We went through a similar discussion last year in OpenAFS land, and
came the same conclusion -- basically, if your filesystem is
reasonably reliable (such as ZFS is), and you can trust your
underlying storage not to lose transactions that are in-cache during a
'bad event', the added benefit of fsync() may be less than its
performance cost.

-rob