Vacation

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:39:57 EST 2007

This does bring up an important point... we had to disable duplicate
suppression on our server because it was just causing too much contention.
When every single mail message being delivered has to check against the
database, it is a problem... especially in a cluster where multiple
servers are running in ACTIVE mode (there *are* disadvantages to the
whole cluster idea as well, even though I love running that way!).

It most certainly broke vacation support, and I had to hack the code so
that we could actually run with duplicate suppression disabled but still
allow vacation messages to dip into the database normally...

Why can't vacation messages, or better yet, sieve in general (since there
might be a use for something mroe than vacation messages down the road?),
get its own database and not tie it in so much to duplicate suppression?

Scott