LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 16 01:39:47 EST 2007

>> About 30% of all I/O is to mailboxes.db, most of which is read.  I

> Solaris 10 does this in my case. Via dtrace you'll see that open() on the
> mailboxes.db and read-calls do not exceed microsecond ranges. mailboxes.db
> is not the problem here. It is entirely cached and rarely written
> (creating, deleting and moving a mailbox).

So what does "30% of all I/O" mean in that original statement? Does that
mean "30% of all IO requests from application to OS" or does that mean "30%
of all IO requests from OS to IO device"? I assumed you meant the second
because usually accessing data cached in memory isn't actually considered IO
by most people...

Rob