Setting the location of proc independent of configdir

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Thu Nov 15 05:29:32 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Ian G Batten wrote:

; I was interested to see someone suggesting putting proc into tmpfs.
; That's slightly painful if /var/imap is in ZFS: the order in which
; mounts take place means you can't just put /var/imap/proc tmpfs into /
; etc/vfstab if /var/imap is coming in through ZFS.  A glance at the
; source code says that proc is hardwired to be configdir/proc.  Would
; it be worth considering making procdir: a configuration option, so
; that it can easily be put somewhere which isn't under configdir:?
; Indeed, for a lot of people, just shoving it in /tmp/cyrusproc would
; be a good option.

Yes please. I have the same problem on Solaris with ZFS so I've resorted
to setting proc/ as not mount-at-boot and modifying my Cyrus SMF manifest
to mount it prior to starting Cyrus. It works but it's messy!