v2.3.10 build fails, pcreposix problems

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 14 22:01:07 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:16:29PM -0500, Larry Rosenbaum wrote:
> Upgrading PCRE to v7.4 fixed the problem.  (Previous version was v6.5)

Excellent - because I was a little surprised otherwise - then again I
only tested on Debian Etch because that's all I have handy.

Ken - I think the solution is to put:

#include <pcre.h>

directly before

#include <pcreposix.h>

in sieve/comparator.h

I tested that that works fine on my systems, and looks like it will
also work on systems with older PCRE that don't do the include
themselves.

RE: your other question - I guess it would be reasonably easy to add
a --disable-pcre to configure so that it never gets tested for or
included, even if it is installed.

Bron.