Just in case it is of general interest: ZFS mirroring was the culprit in our case

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:59:16 EST 2007

Can you expand on this, like a LOT?

I recall a while ago you brought up some performance issues and
said you had found hacks for them.  Were those issues actually unresolved
or are you talking about something else?  I don't see any recent posts by
you about problems with your Cyrus install.

I'm struggling to see the mechanism by which mirroring creates a problem.
Were you resilvering at the time?