OT: Re: How many people to admin a Cyrus system?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:58:59 EST 2007

David Chait <davidc at bonair.stanford.edu> wrote:

> One key piece of functionality that seems to be missing from every OSS
> solution mentioned thus far is mobile device push support (Activesync),
> this is not to be underestimated as it is for us, a key reason why we are
> ultimately being forced to adopt Exchange en-mass and abandon our current
> Cyrus infrastructure.

-
Right.  This is a necessity for us too, if we are to integrate the
Exchange and Cyrus systems.  One of the interesting things about
Open-Xchange is support for push via SyncML.  There is a list of PDAs
that it works with.

The devices we support now need the intermediaries of either GoodLink
or BES attached to Exchange, and if I understand it right (I might not),
they use a MAPI connection to find out when there is new mail.  If so
it appears they would work also with systems like Open-Xchange that
offer MAPI connections.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer