OT: Re: How many people to admin a Cyrus system?

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Nov 13 08:35:07 EST 2007

> 3. Can't handle high load very well, in fact it handles load horribly.

I have a friend who works at a small shop who reports exactly the same
issue with Zimbra, s..ll...ooo..wwww...

> 3) ClamAV.  Do note how much email I said we dealt with a minute.  We
> didn't get a great deal of email.  Maybe 2000 email a day?  Not overly
> much.  However as the ClamAV database would grow, if you restarted
> ClamAV or Zimbra eventually it would take too long for ClamAV to start
> and would not listen on the port assigned and would make mail fail to
> deliver.  (Ouch huh?)

In defense of CLAMAV I can say that we run it on our SMTP server (not on
the IMAP or groupware server which seems like a bad idea).  It works
well and is pretty stable.  If your CLAMAV was causing you this problem
then Zimbra must have boloxed the setup or you just had a bad version.