Replication: sync_client -r dies

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Sun Nov 4 23:42:21 EST 2007

Wesley Craig wrote:

> But most sync_server errors that will cause sync_client to bail out
> ought to cause sync_server to give a reasonably unique log message
> for the failure.

As I explained earlier this evening, I didn't see ANYTHING AT ALL in
the replica server's logs that resembled any sort of error indication
at the times when sync_client bailed out.

Is it possible that something I should be seeing is being filtered out
by syslog.conf?  What syslog facility name is used by sync_server?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales