Moving mailboxes

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Thu May 24 13:39:16 EDT 2007

On 24 May 2007, at 07:15, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Well, I experimented with one account and found that you get errors
> if you try to actually access the mailbox while it's being moved:
> May 24 13:10:42 lvr13 imap[16707]: IOERROR: stating header for
> user.xxx: No such file or directory
> But I suppose the risk of that is low when doing it around 3am.

Further, lmtpd will correctly retry those errors.  imapd may give an
error to the user agent, briefly, but the error is such that no mail
will be lost.  So, in terms of usability, there's a low risk of the
user getting a "weird" error.  In terms of destroying mail,
corrupting mailboxes, etc, there doesn't seem to be a risk.

:wes