Trouble with Eudora and cyrus-imapd-2.3.8

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun May 13 19:34:13 EDT 2007

Since our recent upgrade from cyrus-imapd-2.1.14 to cyrus-imapd-2.3.8,
I've had one report that Eudora is behaving very badly.  It seems to
have to do with synchronization between the client and the server.
The symptom is that the inbox view is not correct.  Deleted messages
don't disappear, but when they're deleted again, other messages
disappear.  As well, some messages stay in the inbox when they should
have been filtered to a local folder.  Filtering them again results
in duplicates in the local folder.

Has anyone else heard of this sort of problem with Eudora?  Is there
anything that can be done, either on the client or server side, to
correct it?