Manually deleting a mailbox

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Mar 29 12:02:28 EST 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, AndrXs Tarallo wrote:

> In a cyrus ima server I administer someone deleted manually a mailbox
> (rm -f  /var/spool/imap/user/themailbox), traying to fix a problem.
>
> In the cyradm the mailbox still exists, and I can't delete it.
>
> Theres a method for deleting the mailbox manully? Any help will be
> appreciated.

Try this:

1. Create an empty cyrus.header file in the filesystem where the mailbox
should exist (touch /var/spool/imap/user/themailbox/cyrus.header).
2. Give it the correct ownership and permissions.
3. Run (as your cyrus user) "reconstruct -f -x user.themailbox".

This should give you an empty mailbox again.  Then you can use cyradm to
delete the mailbox correctly.

 	Andy