sync_client doesn't sync sieve scripts

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 27 06:49:22 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 02:48:00PM +0400, Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:44:56AM +0100, David Carter wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
> >
> > >I have properly configured sync between two cyrus-imapd 2.3.8 servers.
> > >Mailboxes rolling synchronization work good.
> >
> > This also updates sieve scripts.
> >
> > >Now I want to synchronized sieve scripts too.
> > >
> > >sync_client -v -s
> > >sync_client -v -s $username
> >
> > -s is new in 2.3, but it looks like it was only there for testing.
> > The manual page says:
> >
> >   Principally used for debugging purposes: not exposed to sync_client
> >
> > -u should replicate an entire user including the Sieve files.
>
> Doesn't work. Replicate only folders.

Are you perhaps creating the sieve files directly rather than uploading
them via timsieved?

Are you perhaps creating a file called "default" as a file?

I only ask because we had the same problem, and it turns out that the
correct directory layout for sieve files is actually something like our
final layout of:

[root at imap3 brong]$ ls -la
total 13
drwx------    2 cyrus mail  144 Sep 26 10:38 .
drwx------  189 cyrus mail 5408 Mar 25 07:38 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 cyrus mail   11 Nov  7 23:40 defaultbc -> websieve.bc
-rw-------    1 cyrus mail 3776 Sep 26 10:33 websieve.bc
-rw-------    1 cyrus mail 3020 Sep 26 10:33 websieve.script

Where websieve.script is uploaded via timsieved from our web servers.

This synchronises correctly, and I'm pretty sure we aren't applying any
patches related to sieve support (but feel free to check out our collection
at http://cyrus.brong.fastmail.fm/)

Regards,

Bron.