Autocreateinboxfolders not being autocreated

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Mar 26 15:13:22 EST 2007

Jonathan Villa schreef:
> Ok, I've listed the following in my imapd.conf file
>
> autocreateinboxfolders: Sent|Trash|Drafts
> autosubscribeinboxfolders: Sent|Trash|Drafts
> createonpost:1
>
> (aside from other options as well) but yet those folders are not being
> autocreated.
>
> The Trash folder is being created, with or without those options, but
> the rest are not.  Am I missing something?
>
> I'm using RPM installs of postfix and cyrus-imapd on Centos 4.
>
> I also have unixhierarchysep set to yes if that means anything.  Weird
> thing is that in my other configs, it works just fine.  This is a
> straight forward install.

The other people did tell you that autocreateinboxfolders only work with
a patch. I want the security from my distribution, so I don't like patches.

What I do is: when I add a user, I also create a mailbox with a expect
script. Maybe it's something for you.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

-----------
#!/usr/bin/expect -f

# you need to run this script with: <scriptname> <username>

# log into cyradm
spawn -noecho cyradm -u cyrus localhost
log_user 0
expect "*assword: " {send "secret\r"}

# show to see errors
expect "*> "        {log_user 1; send "\n"}

# make mailbox
expect "*> "        {send "cm user.[lindex $argv 0] \n"}

# do not show
expect "*> "        {log_user 0; send "\n"}

# quota
expect "*> "        {send "sq user.[lindex $argv 0] 10000 \n"}

# log out
expect "*> "        {send "exit\n"}

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/