per-user quotas

Philippe Trolliet p.trolliet at novatec-gmbh.de
Tue Mar 13 12:54:45 EST 2007

Hi,
in the log i see following message:
Mar 13 12:17:41 mail lmtpunix[10500]:
verify_user(novaware.de!user.p^trolliet) failed: Over quota
Mar 13 12:17:41 mail postfix/pipe[10689]: E644F5E44F9:
to=<p.trolliet at novaware.de>, relay=cyrus, delay=1, status=deferred
(temporary failure)
in one of the mailinglist archives i read sth about the error codes. my
problem is that the message is not bounced and so the sender is not
notified. it is stuck somewhere in the postfix-queue.
i have virtual users and domains and i´m using per-user quotas stored in
a mysql-db. i can set the quota for every single user.

what do i have to configure that cyrus bounces the message over the lmtp
if a quota exceeds? in the archives somebody said sth about the error
codes too. how can i do this in the cyrus configuration?

is there any way to tell cyrus to read the per-user quota settings from
the mysql-db like in dovecot? or is this just done in postfix?