Username different from mailbox

Patrick Kranz p.kranz at ekits.de
Wed Mar 7 08:21:22 EST 2007

Hi Torsten, hi list,

first of all thanks for the many answers and thanks to torsten for
making my question clear :)

so far, two possible solutions have been mentioned here:

- an inofficial cyrus patch or
- an imap/pop3 proxy server (perdition)

i had no chance to talk to my customer yet but i guess the proxy server
will be the solution of our choice because i still can use the updates
for the cyrus server provided by the distributor without the need to
recompile it by hand every time there is an update.
i have investigated a little and found out, that perdition actually
supports ldap, so it is possible to still keep all relevant data in the
ldap-dit.

if anyone is interessted in the final setup and if it worked, don't
hesitate to mail me but i think in the matter of this mailing list this
case is closed :)

thanks for your help.

best regards,
patrick