conf.pl ignoring input and attachment directory broken by Administrator plugin

Gregor Wenkelewsky w-sky at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 15:07:08 EST 2007

Hi there,

maybe I stepped upon some bugs or I did something wrong when
configuring SquirrelMail. (1.4.9a)

1st I wanted to disallow editing of identities, whereas editing
of names shall be allowed. When I change these with conf.pl,
next question is "remove username from header [y/n]", but no
matter if I enter Y or N, the result is always "true".
Using Administrator plugin I can set it to "FALSE".

(NB, why is it that conf.pl always writes lowercase and plugin
always writes uppercase?)

2nd Without me changing the value for left size, it suddenly
shrinked to 100 after I used Administrator plugin to change
something else. Still using Admin plugin, I changed it back
to 150, and then made a configuration check - result:
Attachment directory invalid! I never changed that too.
The value was "$data_dir/" instead of "$data_dir"
I could not correct that with admin plugin, but with conf.pl
Admin plugin still shows 100 as default left size, yet it is
150. When using Admin plugin, that division has to be closed,
or 100 will be most likely saved again.

Yours, Gregor