How to include global sieve script for each user

Ulrich Spoerlein spoerlein at informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Mar 6 13:39:49 EST 2007

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> -- Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein at gmail.com> is rumored to have mumbled on 6. März 2007
> From "man imapd.conf":
>
>       sieve_extensions: fileinto reject vacation  imapflags  notify envelope
>       relational regex subaddress copy
>            Space-separated list of Sieve extensions allowed  to  be  used in
>            sieve scripts, enforced at submission by timsieved(8).  Any previ-
>            ously installed script will be unaffected by this option and will
>            continue  to  execute  regardless  of  the  extensions used. This
>            option has no effect on options that are disabled at compile time
>            (e.g. "regex").
>
>            Allowed  values:  fileinto,  reject,  vacation, imapflags, notify,
>            include, envelope, body, relational, regex, subaddress, copy
>
> I.e. you have to explicitly enable "include". Don't complain about missing documentation when
> you don't even bother to read it ...

Sigh,

since an unset sasl_mech_list has the meaning of "all available" I was
under the impression, that it would be the same with sieve_extension.

Thanks for the cluebat!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."