How to include global sieve script for each user

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:39:31 EST 2007

Hi all,

I know this is a recurring topic here, but after hours of searching I
still can't get this to work.

I'm running Cyrus 2.3.7 on FreeBSD 6.2, I have added a global script like this:

sieveshell -u cyrus -a cyrus -e "p spam.script spam" localhost

Which results in the script showing up in sieve/global/spam.{bc,script}

Now I want to upload a user script, consisting of the following lines
(as per RFC)

require ["include"];
include :global "spam";

Which results in an 'unsupported feature at line 1' error. I found
posts claiming that Cyrus does not advertise the include extension,
but works anyhow.

I also tried only the line "include :global "spam";", but then I get
"line 1: include not required".

So what is the darn syntax, and why is cyrus documented so sparsely?

Thanks in advance!
Uli