Username different from mailbox

Patrick Kranz p.kranz at ekits.de
Tue Mar 6 10:30:47 EST 2007

Hi list,

I hope my question hasn't been answered before but I wasn't able to find
a solution.
I have successfully installed a Cyrus Server with an OpenLDAP-Backend
for authentication via SASL. Mail is delivered to the rest of the world
through Postfix. Every user is able to authenticate himself with his
email-address as username and a password. For over a half year this has
been working really, really great.

Now I have a customer, who needs the scenario that the usernames for
Cyrus differ from the mailbox and mailaddress respectivly. For example
user1 at testdomain.com should be able to login with the username
someOtherUsername. This need arises from an integration with other
software-packages. Is there any possibility to make this work?

I appreciate every help.

Greetings,
patrick

--