Migrating from 2.2 on one server to 2.3 on another

Bruce Pennypacker bruce.pennypacker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:51:49 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I need to migrate a cyrus-imap setup from an older server running version
2.2.12 to a new server running 2.3.8.  I've dug through the Cyrus wiki, the
install-upgrade.html file, and other resources but I'm still running into a
bit of a problem.  I copied the entire /var/spool/imap directory over to the
new server then tried running the reconstruct script.  It re-created all the
mailboxes, and I can see them properly in cyradm, but when I connect with
Thunderbird only the top-level mailboxes show up.  The child mailboxes don't
appear, and all the users mail has been dumped into the top level inbox.
What's the right way to migrate all the mail & settings, preserving the tree
structure of each mailbox?

Thanks,

-Bruce