Emergancy..... db4: PANIC: fatal region error

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Jul 27 13:58:48 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, eMail Lists wrote:

> On 7/27/07, Frank Richter <richter at mpia-hd.mpg.de > wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> Please post the actual imapd.conf and the imapd.conf before the update.
>>
>> You have to move the usermailboxes by hand!
>>

>>> The user dir is not at the location yet.
>>>
>>> -Adam
>

> I have been trying various the various sujustions but not the scrip just yet
> but wanted to get the imap.conf file up here.
>
> imap.conf before the update:
>
> configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> defaultpartition: default
> partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
> newsspool: /var/spool/news
> altnamespace: no
> unixhierarchysep: yes
> admins: cyrus
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> popminpoll: 1
> autocreatequota: 0
> umask: 077
> sieveusehomedir: false
> sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
> hashimapspool: true
> allowplaintext: yes
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> sasl_auto_transition: no
> tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
> tls_session_timeout: 1440
> tls_cipher_list: TLSv1:SSLv3:SSLv2:!NULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!LOW:@STRENGTH
> lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
> notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
> gdb-backtrace.cyrus.%1$s.%2$d <&- 2>&1 &
>

> Here is the imap.conf after  the update.
>
> configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> defaultpartition: default
> partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
> newsspool: /var/spool/news
> altnamespace: no
> unixhierarchysep: yes
> lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
> admins: cyrus
> lmtp_admins: postman
> imap_admins: cyrus
> sieve_admins: cyrus
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> popminpoll: 1
> autocreatequota: 0
> umask: 077
> sieveusehomedir: false
> sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
> hashimapspool: false
> fulldirhash: false
> allowplaintext: yes
> virtdomains: userid
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
> tls_session_timeout: 1440
> tls_cipher_list: TLSv1+HIGH:!aNULL:@STRENGTH
> lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> idlemethod: poll
> idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
> notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
> syslog_prefix: cyrus
> gdb-backtrace.cyrus.%1$s.%2$d <&- 2>&1 &
> quotawarn: 90
> anysievefolder:  yes
> autosievefolders:  JunkMail

The value of hashimapspool changed from "true" to "false" during the
upgrade.  You probably want to set it to "true" again.

Regarding your earlier question about the db/ directory...  You can safely
delete the contents of that directory while Cyrus is stopped.  In fact, I
have had to delete my tls_sessions.db and deliver.db and the contents of
the db/ directory in the past when I upgraded berkeley DB.

 	Andy