Basic configuration

Sam Przyswa samp at arial-concept.com
Thu Jul 26 08:39:53 EDT 2007

Michael Menge a écrit :

> Quoting Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com>:
>
>> Michael Menge a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1. there is no "AUTH=" in the CAPABILITY at all, so i think you
>>> have not installed sasl_plain. I don't use Debian or Ubunto so i
>>> don't know the packagename but Google hints to libsasl2-modules,
>>
>> I already HAVE the libsasl2 last version installed !
>>

> As is said, i don't know Debian or Ubunto, but it seams that PLAIN is
> not part of libsasl2 but in an extra package.
>

>>> If you don't set sasl_mech_list you should be able to use the
>>> mechanism "AUTH=LOGIN"
>>
>> I unset sasl_mech_list (commented) but when I connect to server I got:
>>
>> Jul 25 22:57:55 localhost cyrus/imap[26614]: badlogin: [10.8.0.10]
>> plaintext przyswa SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed
>>

> Have a look at the CAPABILITY with imtest. There has to be at least
> one "AUTH="
> Cyrus will use alle AUTH mechanisam the are supported by your
> saslauthd and are set in sasl_mech_list or if sasl_mech_list is not
> set all your saslauthd supports.
>
> As long as there is no "AUTH=" in  CAPABILITY there is no way an user
> could authenticate. So you have to solve this first.

imtest -a USERID localhost give me:

root at evelyne:/etc# imtest -a przyswa localhost
S: * OK evelyne Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-10ubuntu2 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
STARTTLS
S: C01 OK Completed

as well as with imtest -m login -a USERID localhost

After enter the password the login failed.

> Check if liblogin.so, libplain.so are on your system and the path is
> searched by
> ldconfig

root at evelyne:~# locate libplain.
/usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.la
/usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.a
/usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.so.2
/usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.so
/usr/lib/sasl2/libplain.so.2.0.22

root at evelyne:~# locate liblogin.
/usr/lib/sasl2/liblogin.la
/usr/lib/sasl2/liblogin.a
/usr/lib/sasl2/liblogin.so.2
/usr/lib/sasl2/liblogin.so
/usr/lib/sasl2/liblogin.so.2.0.22

As I said in a previous message a testsaslauthd with user/password it's
Ok with PAM configured.

Wy Cyrus IMAP configured to use saslauthd don't succeed to login in
PLAIN or LOGIN mechanism ?

Wy I can't to use cyradm because it ask me a password ?

In fact I can't USE Cyrus because to much security features lock it.
Cyrus seems very secure but not usable :-)

At least I will ask my question on Ubuntu list otherwise I give up Cyrus
for Dovecot, I'm a little bit tired to make Cyrus working.

Sam.

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.