Basic configuration

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jul 26 02:37:55 EDT 2007

Quoting Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com>:

> Michael Menge a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. there is no "AUTH=" in the CAPABILITY at all, so i think you
>> have not installed sasl_plain. I don't use Debian or Ubunto so i
>> don't know the packagename but Google hints to libsasl2-modules,
>
> I already HAVE the libsasl2 last version installed !

As is said, i don't know Debian or Ubunto, but it seams that PLAIN is
not part of libsasl2 but in an extra package.

>> If you don't set sasl_mech_list you should be able to use the
>> mechanism "AUTH=LOGIN"
>
> I unset sasl_mech_list (commented) but when I connect to server I got:
>
> Jul 25 22:57:55 localhost cyrus/imap[26614]: badlogin: [10.8.0.10]
> plaintext przyswa SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed

Have a look at the CAPABILITY with imtest. There has to be at least
one "AUTH="
Cyrus will use alle AUTH mechanisam the are supported by your
saslauthd and are set in sasl_mech_list or if sasl_mech_list is not
set all your saslauthd supports.

As long as there is no "AUTH=" in  CAPABILITY there is no way an user
could authenticate. So you have to solve this first.

Check if liblogin.so, libplain.so are on your system and the path is
searched by
ldconfig

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen