Migration from Courier-IMAP to Cyrus

Mogens Melander mogens at fumlersoft.dk
Mon Jul 23 22:28:14 EDT 2007

Hi all,

On Mon, July 23, 2007 22:48, Michael Menge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i know of two generel ways to konvert folders from one Mailserver to Cyrus.
>
> 1.) extract the E-Mails from the original formart and insert them in
> Cyrus with deliver, or copy them to the right place an run reconstruct.
> This method has the drawback that you will lose the Flags from the emails.
>
> 2.) Copy them with imapsync / mailutil (part of UW-Imap) with the IMAP
> protocol from one mailserver to the other. This is a little bit slower
> than the first way, but you will kept all flags and it is independent
> from the Mailserver used.

Hoping i'm not highjacking, my problem is somewhat same.

I would like to migrate users from one cyrus-imap to another cyrus-imap,
source having 'users\name' to destination having 'name at domain.tld'.

Just to make it interresting, i have one UW and one Cyrus server that has
to get merged into one Cyrus-imap.

I have been looking at imapsync, but i'm not shure about how to attack
this problem, having different sub-folders for the same user, on different
servers.

If any of you imap-gurus would like to share some insight, i'd really
appreciate to get enlightened.

cyrus-imapd-2.3.8
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22

# imapd.conf
unixhierarchysep:               true
altnamespace:                   true
lmtp_downcase_rcpt:             1
sieve_maxscriptsize:            320
configdirectory:                /var/imap/config
partition-default:              /var/imap/mail
lmtpsocket:                     /var/imap/socket/lmtp
sievedir:                       /var/imap/sieve
sieveusehomedir:                false
duplicate_db:                   skiplist
hashimapspool:                  true
sendmail:                       /usr/sbin/sendmail
admins:                         superuser
postmaster:                     postmaster at domain.tld
defaultdomain:                  domain.tld
virtdomains:                    yes
servername:                     domain.tld
sasl_auto_transition:           true
sasl_pwcheck_method:            auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin:            sql
sasl_sql_engine:                mysql
sasl_mysql_verbose:             true
sasl_mech_list:                 plain
sasl_sql_hostname:              localhost
sasl_sql_user:                  superuser
sasl_sql_passwd:                password
sasl_sql_database:              database
sasl_sql_select:                select `password` from user where username='%u@%r'
                                   or (username='%u' and domain_name='')
sasl_sql_insert:                insert into user(domain_name, username, `password`)
                                   values('%r', '%u', '%v')
sasl_sql_update:                update user set `password`='%v' where username='%u'

> Quoting Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new on the list, I would like to migrate from my Courier-IMAP to
>> Cyrus-IMAP. I have to convert my ~/Maildir to Cyrus but I don't find any
>> utility to do that, the perl script maildir2mbox on
>> http://codepoets.co.uk/docs/courier2cyrus don't work :-(
>>
>> Have you something else to do that ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Sam.
>>

>> --
>> Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
>> pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
>> suspect n'a été trouvé.
>>
>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki

> M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
> Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
> Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
> michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
> Waechterstrasse 76
> 72074 Tuebingen
> ----