Migration from Courier-IMAP to Cyrus

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jul 23 16:48:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

i know of two generel ways to konvert folders from one Mailserver to Cyrus.

1.) extract the E-Mails from the original formart and insert them in
Cyrus with deliver, or copy them to the right place an run reconstruct.
This method has the drawback that you will lose the Flags from the emails.

2.) Copy them with imapsync / mailutil (part of UW-Imap) with the IMAP
protocol from one mailserver to the other. This is a little bit slower
than the first way, but you will kept all flags and it is independent
from the Mailserver used.

With perdition you can redirect users that have been migrated to cyrus
while the others still are directed to Courier

Michael