Header rewriting within existing mailstore - Disposition-Notification-To

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at suddenlink.net
Thu Jul 5 20:40:25 EDT 2007

Hi all

This may seem a little strange...

Need to go through an most of an entire Cyrus IMAP mailstore and remove
*Disposition-Notification-To* lines. As a text process this is of course
pretty easy. (grep etc - I would stop the server first!)

I don't know enough about Cyrus internal workings to know if this will
cause any index or other issue. I have seen Disposition lines inside the
cyrus.cache file for example. I have used the tools to recover corrupt
stores in the past but don't remember the details. I'd like to think the
processing I do wouldnt cause that much of a breakage though!

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this, any traps or possibly alternate
methods?

The reason for this is I have a small business LAN setup (10 users) that
along with their private mailboxes file to a public area shared by all.
When the message has being filed then read/opened by someone else it
tries to send a read receipt again... I obviously can't do this with
postfix/procmail etc as I want the read receipt system to work for the
users own "Inbox"

Tnxs, Bob