Cyrus Imapd shared folders question

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Jan 31 01:34:51 EST 2007

> Ok! It's Working fine! Thanks!
>
> Another things i try to make:
>
> I'd like to create shared maillbox acl by group.
> for example
> sam maillist group:mygroup lprs
>
> it doesn't work.
>
> I use saslauthd to authenticate my user on the server. I also
> got group on my ldap server.
>
> Who can i make cyrus to check group on my ldap?
>
> Is it possible to make it with cyrus-saslauthd (as i'm using
> for my user) or do i have to use pts auxprop , ldap ptloader?
> where can i get more documentation about it? (man imapd.conf
> is not very expressive about it)

saslauthd is not involved here. For what you want there are at least 2 ways:
1) You can use nss_ldap to map LDAP groups to Unix groups which can then
be used by a group:name ACL. Please note that you may need some way of
group caching for large groups, as those lookups are expensive on the LDAP
side. For it you could use nss_db or the patches I use available here
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/scripts/groupcache/.

2) As you mentioned, pts with it's ldap support should also work (I have
never used it so I can't tell how exactly it works).

Simon