[ Re: why does salspasswd2 always append a realm?]

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Jan 30 15:18:10 EST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 8:33 AM, Marten Lehmann wrote:
>> And have you tried reading the logs?  There is nothing mystical
>> here -- everything is logged, including how your login and realm
>> are parsed for authentication.
>
> There is a lot of mystical in Cyrus, especially because it lacks
> sufficient documentation. I know that programmers don't like to
> document what they worked on, but for new users it is very hard and
> cumbersome to get the information and examples that are required to
> understand Cyrus at least partially from widespread mailinglist
> posts, some outdated howtos in the web and some cyrus manpages.

I totally agree with what you are saying about documentation.
However, if you turn up all of your log options then all mysticism
vanishes.  The logs will tell you what they are doing.

FYI: if you are using PAM I can't help you.  Most of the gods can't
help you either ;-)

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness