[ Re: why does salspasswd2 always append a realm?]

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Jan 8 11:33:18 EST 2007

Hello,

> I'm sorry, but this statement parses as nonsense.  You have saslauthd
> running but it isn't used, and you have auxprop listed even though you
> don't have an auxprop.  How exactly are you being authenticated?

there seems to be a default auxprop, because saslauthd was configured to
use pam, not sasldb2.

> And have you tried reading the logs?  There is nothing mystical here --
> everything is logged, including how your login and realm are parsed for
> authentication.

There is a lot of mystical in Cyrus, especially because it lacks
sufficient documentation. I know that programmers don't like to document
what they worked on, but for new users it is very hard and cumbersome to
get the information and examples that are required to understand Cyrus
at least partially from widespread mailinglist posts, some outdated
howtos in the web and some cyrus manpages.

Regards
Marten