IMAP sync tool (rsync for IMAP)

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Jan 19 03:25:42 EST 2007

> --syncinternaldates stopped working at imapsync 1.200 (current is
> 1.204), as a side effect of the append_string->append_file change
> suggested by John Capo and Florin Andrei earlier in this thread, on Dec
> 26, 2006. That change was made to avoid memory exhaustion, see
> http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu/msg31296.html
>
> The underlying problem is that at least as of Mail::IMAPClient 2.2.9,
> the append_file function doesn't handle INTERNALDATE at all.
>
> A bunch of people here have talked about minor patches to
> Mail::IMAPClient. Has anyone added the $d argument to append_file and
> verified functionality?
>
> Most clients display Date: header, but some may show or use
> INTERNALDATE. For example, the Zimbra web interface is incapable of
> showing or sorting by Date:.
>
> See also http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33880#post33880

I already mailed the author of imapsync about that some days ago but
without having an idea how to fix it. I also checked Mail::IMAPClient and
found that it lacked the functionality needed here but it seems
Mail::IMAPClient isn't maintained anymore (at least there is no
development for long time now).

Simon