redirect incoming spam mail into user's imap folder.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Jan 12 13:36:55 EST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Sam wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I want to use postfix, cyrus, spamassassin+procmail to filter or redirect
> incoming spam email into user's imap folder, eg. Junk.
>
> Atm, I have setup the this using the following guideline.
> http://www.goblet.net/spamkill/
>
> in the file spamkill.rc file, I want to change it so that it can achieve my
> goal. But I just realised that the spamkill.rc need to be compliant with
> procmail rule.
>
> Does anyone got another example or how to modify it so that procmail forward
> incoming spam mail into user's imap folder rather than log it into a sinal
> log file?

You would make the final step call Cyrus' "deliver" program to inject the
mail into Cyrus.

However, it is recommended instead to use Cyrus' Sieve filtering instead.
Here at OSU, our mail relays accept mail from the outside world, run it
through amavisd (which runs it through Spam Assassin), and then send the
mail on to Cyrus over LMTP.  We pre-create Sieve rules for our users that
discard mail with a Spam Assassin score over 10, and filter scores over 5
into a junk-mail folder.

 	Andy