A script for fixing bare newlines in mailbox files?

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Thu Jan 11 17:35:55 EST 2007

Howdy all-
	We've been bitten by migrating some of our people from Outlook to
Thunderbird, and then using Tbird to move their mail off their local
machines onto the IMAP server where it belongs. Unfortunately we've not
patched Cyrus to accept bare newlines, nor intend to... Since I have
access to the local mailboxes does anybody have a perl script or
something of the like that would remove the bare newlines from the raw
mailbox files? My perl-fu sucks this days, and I've not been able to
figure where and how to remove them...

Thanks,