Spam filtering / Sieve on bulletinboards

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Wed Feb 28 10:16:06 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:07:22AM -0800, Ben Poliakoff wrote:
> Since version 2.2.13 bulletins/shared-folders can be made to evaluate
> sieve scripts.  Configuring these scripts is different in two key ways:
>
>   - sieve scripts for shared folders must be uploaded into the global
>     namespace, one does this by connecting to the sieve server as a user
>     listed in the 'admins' section in imapd.conf
>
>   - once the script has been uploaded into the global namespace a
>     shared folder can be configured to use the script via the new
>     'sieve' mailbox annotation (e.g. in cyradm 'mboxcfg <mailbox> sieve
>     <sieve_script_name>)
>
> We use this feature a lot these days.

Thanks. :)

But this means, doesn't it, that a normal user can't install sieve
scripts for bulletin boards, even if she has full access for the
bulletin board? Or is the way to go to create a collection of different
global sieve scripts for bb users to select from? Would there happen to
be a Web tool for this purpose? Should I RTFM? ;) (Cyrus' documentation
is sparse at some subjects.)

--Janne
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>