Trying to implement Bulletin Boards

Andre Plante plante at pythian.com
Wed Feb 21 09:51:31 EST 2007

Hi All,
I am looking at getting the bulletin boards feature of cyrus working.
So far, I have been able to create the boards in the admin console, and
they are
as such:

listaclmailbox bb*
bb.aptest:
  plante lrswipcda
  anyone lrs
bb.aptest.events:
  plante lrswipcda
  anyone lrs

I have purposefully given myself full permissions, and left the anyone
as the
default.

In my imapd.conf (as well as imapd-local.conf), I have the follwoing:
postuser: bb
sharedprefix: bb

I am not sure if both lines are required, but both seemed relevant.

I am now trying to modify the sendmail.mc, and run the m4 command to
allow the
delivery to the mailbox.
I have searched the web but have not found anything conclusive as to
what I need
to add to this file.  So far, I have tried adding:
MAILER(cyrus)
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')
dnl LOCAL_RULE_0
dnl Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >         $#cyrusbb $: $1

but that did not help.

Whenever I try to send to bb+aptest, +aptest, aptest, or +aptest.events
I get
messages back saying that the mailbox does not exist.

Can anyone provide a little guidance??
Thanks,
Andre