quota corruption

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Sun Dec 30 09:33:03 EST 2007

> When I first saw this problem I was suspicious about an outlook bug but
> when
> I saw that there are more than one users having the same problem I changed
> my mind because we are using cyrus on sles9 for nearly 4 years and we
> didnt
> have such problems. But anyway I will check the mailboxes with a different
> mail client. I am also thinking about disabling quota for all users for a
> short time just to solve the problem until I setup a mor recent version of
> cyrus on a different server. Is there a way to disable quota for all users
> with a single step?

I'm not sure but I think a brute force method is to remove all quota files
in /var/lib/imap/quota (or wherever that directory is in on your server).
Of course cyrus-imapd should be stopped while doing it. If I remember
correctly I did this once to "fix" broken quota on a server. But don't
blame me if it breaks your server...

Simon