quota corruption

Erol YILDIZ erol.yildiz at hevokullari.k12.tr
Sat Dec 29 04:44:25 EST 2007

I could recovered the mailboxes in about six steps. By the way I have solved
the cyradm problem by giving ownership of /etc/sasldb2 to cyrus and mail
group. Now I can use cyradmin without any problem. Here are the steps I did
below for recovering the content of the default Inbox  folder.

1) I took the backup of the mailbox of the user
2) touch cyrus.index (I do this to be able to delete the mailbox, otherwise
it doesnt because the mailbox is corupted)
3) from cyradmin 'dm user/gulfer^tuna'
4) from cyradmin 'cm user/gulfer^tuna'
5) Then I copied the contents of the backedup mailbox contents to the newly
created
6) Then I deleted cyrus.index by 'rm
/var/spool/imap/user/gulfer^tuna/cyrus.index'
7) And I recreated the cyrus.index from cyradm by 'reconstruct -f -r
user/gulfer^tuna'

and then the mailbox is recovered. But now some of the users still having
the problems for which I have started this thread. One of the symptoms is,
users can't purge deleted items, when they press purge it says the client
lost connection to the server and that maybe becuase either the folder
doesnt exist or this is a limitation of the imap server. Another one is when
the user selects a mail to view, client says it needs to be downloaded from
the server and asks the user if he wants to mark it for download. Even if
the user marks it for download still cant view the mail. Now you know when I
disable the quota for the user the problem was solved so that I tought it
may be because of the quota files. But when I did 'quota -f' this didnt help
to solve the problem. Maybe I need to delete the quota files and recreate
them.
Any further ideas?

Thanks.

--