Cyrus on Solaris at universities?

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Thu Dec 13 04:46:19 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 08:26:03AM +0100, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> Vincent Fox wrote:
> > Just wondering what other universities are runing Cyrus on Solaris?
> >
> > We know of:
> > CMU
> > UCSB
>
> We have run it, but switched to GNU/Linux about one year and a half ago.

Same here, except the switch was half a year ago (and long due).

This said, the main reason we switched to Linux wasn't that there were
anything wrong with Solaris - but we only have one staff member these
days that really knows his way around Solaris, whereas there are many
people with good to excellent Linux competence.

--Janne Peltonen
University of Helsinki
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>