Anyone use MAIL::IMAPClient?

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Mon Dec 10 14:29:03 EST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Michael Menge might have said:

> Hi,
>
> Cyrus keeps the \Seen status for each user that has read acces to a Mailbox.
> So the user to login anf change the \Seen flag has to be the same as
> the one who checking the status afterwards.
>
> In 2.3.10 there is a shared seen status which might be usefull.
>

> Quoting Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 at mac.com>:
>
> > I know this is a perl question and not an imap-specific question,
> > but I don't have access to my perl lists from this computer.
> >
> > The script below compiles and seems to run just fine, but the
> > message flags are not set to \Seen in the line
> >
> > $imap->see(@msgs);
> >
> > Is there something I'm missing?

So I am not able to set \Seen as the cyrus user in a normal user's account
and have that normal user seen the setting of the \Seen flag?

If so, I can see where that makes sense, but *really* what I need at the
moment. I had a glitch this morning and all *.seen files were corrputed.
I shutdown the server, removed the *.seen files, started the server, and
now want to reset \Seen for all my users.

Mike