Converting a unified murder to a traditional one

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 24 03:20:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 11:06:59AM +0300, Janne Peltonen wrote:
> So the question is: can I turn a unified Murder config into a
> traditional one safely, editing the imapd.conf on one node at a time,
> restarting (or maybe even kill -HUPing) one node at a time? Any
> experiences, or do I just try this out?

OK, it worked (by restarting the backends and frontends). I just had to
manually remove the remote mailbox lines out from the backend mailbox
databases, since mupdate -m no longer does that. ;)

A side note: is there another way to manually remove mailboxes from a
mailboxes db than ctl_mboxlist -d; edit textfile; /remove mailboxes.db/;
ctl_mboxlist -u? If I don't remove the mailboxes.db, ctl_mboxlist -u
just leaves the records I removed from the textfile as they were in the
mailboxes.db (as I suppose it should, so if there are, for example, new
records created while I edit the textdump while the backend is online,
they don't get removed while I undump - or if I only want to edit a
single record I don't have to undump 500 000 records...).

--Janne
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>