consultant help for cyrus pam_mysql (and exim)

Roland Baum rbaum at nexplosion.de
Fri Aug 10 03:55:55 EDT 2007

Ouuargl... Pam with Exim... with MySQL backend'ed...

I don't prefer this combination because... likely a lack of flexibility..

On my systems, a combination of Exim, Cyrus & PostgreSQL is running
since nearly 3 years without any problem.s
Exim gets his router-information (target mailboxes, aliases, auth-data
for SMTP-authentication) of "manged domains" directly from PostgreSQL
and delivers them through lmtp.
Cyrus - on the other side - gets his authentication-data for mailboxes
from the same database.

All in one it runs very fine and i don't need to fiddle around PAM-stuff
configuration and
needed sql-statemens are fitted on my individual needs in configuration.

Just contact me, if you're interested in. I'll send you all neccessary
files.

greeZ

roland