Virtual Domains

Jarod Watkins jarod at jxxtech.net
Sat Aug 4 20:42:01 EDT 2007

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc wrote:
> Hi Jarod,
>
> does the stripping ocurr whichever the setting of virtdomains is?
> Setting it to userid is quite common. Is your domain.tld the
> defaultdomain? In that case, cyrus substitutes it by the hostname, if I
> remember the behaviour right.
>
> You could post imapd.conf. Using lmtp, Postfix should not be to be
> blamed, I think.
> One setting that makes trouble sometimes is unixhierarchysep, it should
> be set to 1 (on) when using virtualdomains (at least when you're using
> a dot somewhere in any of the usernames.
> What's your sasl_sql_select statement. It should probably be something
> like the following config:
>    sasl_sql_hostnames: <sql_host(s)>
>    sasl_sql_user: <sql_user>
>    sasl_sql_passwd: <pass>
>    sasl_sql_database:<db>
>    sasl_sql_select: SELECT `password` FROM `view_users` WHERE
> `email`="%u@%r";
>
> An option could be to test delivery with the lmtptest command which
> allows you to manually talk to cyrus lmtpd.
>
> Baltasar

Baltasar and David,
Thank you for your help! I never did know about the lmtptest command,
and found out that it was cyrus who was stripping the domain from the
email address. So I compared David's config with mine, and saw he did
not have the loginrealms option set, which I did. After I disabled that
option, everything worked! I can't wait to put Cyrus into production. I
am also going to write a how to for Cyrus and virtual users, since
documentation for Cyrus is a little on the low side. Mind if I post a
link of it here when I get done with it and let you guys proof read it?
Thanks again for all the help, I would still be scratching my head and
possibly be reloading my system right now.