how to create MX record in remote server ?

JOYDEEP j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org
Fri Apr 20 00:29:42 EDT 2007

Alain Spineux wrote:
> This is not related to cyrus but to your DNS server configuration
>
> looking for hosteurope.de I see
> # dig hosteurope.de mx
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.1 <<>> hosteurope.de mx
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;hosteurope.de.                 IN      MX
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> hosteurope.de.          300     IN      MX      50 mx0.hosteurope.de.
>
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> hosteurope.de.          3600    IN      NS      dns.hosteurope.de.
> hosteurope.de.          3600    IN      NS      dns2.hosteurope.de.
>
> ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
> mx0.hosteurope.de.      3600    IN      A       80.237.138.6
>
> ;; Query time: 71 msec
> ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
> ;; WHEN: Thu Apr 19 13:11:46 2007
>

> Then you have to chnage the config on dns.hosteurope.de  (or maybe dns2)
> and add an entry for dedicated.hosteurope.de, to finally get
>

> dedicated.hosteurope.de. xxx     IN      MX      xx
> what_you_want_here.hosteurope.de.

Dear responders,
thanks to all for you suggestions. I may be permitted to give you some
details about my environment here.
The server I am using has come with pre-loaded Plesk 7.5. then I didn't
have any such problem like missing MX etc.
As the particular version of plesk didn't allow using cyrus I
uninstalled the plek from my system and now I am facing all this problem.
So could some one kindly suggest any such web based tool to manage my
own DNS etc ?
thanks for knowledge sharing.